Bremen, 13.07.2022 Referenz # 10532
Join us in turning the world of energy on its head.
There’s been a lot of talk about the energy revolution. At EWE, we develop solutions for a sustainable and efficient energy supply in our core areas of electricity, telecommunications and IT. Join our mission and grow with us as a
Senior Power Trader (f/d/m) Proprietary Trading
for EWE TRADING GmbH, located in Bremen.
Your new position:
- P&L responsibility for existing and new business in Proprietary Power and Cross-Commodity Trading (focus on the curve) within the framework of assigned risk mandates
- Development and implementation of profitable trading strategies with a focus on CWE countries, especially Germany and France, including fuels and EUAs
- Quantitative and qualitative monitoring and understanding of market participant behaviour and market dynamics, and communication of market view within the company
- Development of new business propositions and relationships in order to generate positive P&L
- Improvement and steering of global market analysis by working in close relationship with embedded desk strategists, with the goal of expanding the existing analysis platform
- Identification of opportunities for trading new markets and developing new products
- Support in the management and optimization of other power and cross-commodity portfolios
- Advanced degree in natural science, engineering, or economics
- Significant experience with energy commodity markets in a commercial role, particularly in proprietary trading, and an above-average P&L track record
- Sound knowledge of CWE power market fundamentals
- Commercial expertise on hedging principles with proven ability to manage complex risk positions
- Broad range of knowledge and experience with non-standard products is desirable
- Advanced ability to model complex financial structures as well as expertise on an object-oriented programming language (e. g. Python) are advantageous
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude, strong willingness to perform and learn as well as a hands-on mentality
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Very good English skills
What we offer you:
- Competitive remuneration package and development opportunities with one of the leading energy companies in Germany
- Interesting and varied work in a motivated and performance-oriented team
- The opportunity to actively shape the further development of the trading activities of EWE TRADING GmbH
- Creative freedom in projects and tasks
- As a committed and future-oriented employer, EWE TRADING GmbH offers a high degree of personal responsibility, diverse training and further education opportunities in a professional environment, a good balance between work and private life and extensive social and health benefits
- "Diversity" – at EWE, this term stands for unprejudiced cooperation and recognizing and appreciating individual differences as strengths
- The best view of Bremen from our 21st floor open space office
Do you think you have what it takes? Then become part of our success story!
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
We emphasise diversity and reject discrimination. What’s important to us is that you fit in as a person. You’re all that counts!