EWE Turkey Holding A.S.
EWE Turkey Holding A.S. (formerly EWE Enerji A.S.) was founded at the beginning of 2007 and is based in Istanbul, Turkey. Through this wholly owned subsidiary, EWE AG holds majority stakes in the regional gas suppliers Bursagaz A.S. and Kayserigaz A.S., the trading company EWE Enerji A.S. (formerly EWE Dogalgaz A.S.) and Enervis Enerji Servis A.S. EWE Turkey Holding A.S. manages EWE’s sale and transport activities in the Turkish natural gas market.
- EWE has consolidated its position in the Turkish energy market by acquiring an 80 per cent share in the gas supplier Bursagaz A.S. Northwest Turkey is one of the fastest growing regions in the country. It incorporates the Greater Istanbul area and is home to around 2.4 million people.
- EWE also holds an 80 per cent share in Kayserigaz A.S., giving it a strong position in central Turkey. Kayserigaz is based in Kayseri and focuses on supplying natural gas. The Kayseri region is home to one of Turkey's largest industrial areas and offers excellent opportunities for growth.
- The wholly owned Group subsidiary EWE Enerji A.S. is a trading company based in Istanbul. Long- and short-term gas procurement contracts enable the company to handle an annual volume of 645 million cubic metres of natural gas for industrial customers (2012). Due to the progressive liberalization of the Turkish gas market, the trading volume was increased in 2013 to around 2 billion cubic meters. Since 2014, EWE Enerji also supplies electricity.
- Enervis Enerji Servis A.S. is a wholly owned subsidiary of EWE Turkey Holding A.S. that began trading in 2012. Its focus lies on energy efficiency consulting. The company also provides metering services and meter calibration for the natural gas customers of Bursagaz and Kayserigaz.
Key data 2013 (subgroup)
- Board of Directors: Bekir Sami Acar, Dr. Frank Quante
- Employees: 642
- Sales: €800.7 million
EWE Turkey Holding A.S
Fatih Sultan Mehmet Mah. Poligon Cad.
Buyaka İş Kuleleri A Blok Kat: 14 34771 - Ümraniye / İstanbul
T: +90 216 656 65 00
F: +90 216 656 65 09